Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hot crossless buns

Just couldn't be bothered piping this morning. I think I know what we will be having for morning tea today.

In other news, the kids have been doing utterly self-directed Easter-based craft and narrative games this morning. Ivy is the Easter bunny (of course) and Hazel is seventeen-year-old named Less, which is short for Allessatif. Less has been a long-term member of Hazel's pantheon of alternative identities.

So far the bunny and Less have cut out and decorated about twenty paper Easter eggs, then paraded around doing unfathomable but allegedly necessary Easter jobs for an hour. Now they are drawing together in Hazel's room.

This is sounding a lot like one of those "my life is perfect and here are the pics to prove it" posts. In the interests of balance, know this:

This morning I threw out my latest fermenting effort. It was dill pickles, and I have a feeling that using dill from the freezer is a bad idea. The cucumbers and the oak leaves were fresh and so was the garlic, but the frozen dill made the pickling liquid go milky coloured and there was mold starting too. Luckily, the pickles I served to my family yesterday were from the FIRST batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment