Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twin Feeders, ACTIVATE

Jane the Lactation Consultant came again today. It's a great job title. I think it translates to Boob Enthusiast and Expert.

This time I admitted defeat regarding the enormous foam twin-feeding platform that we were so keen on. It's vast and very firm, and it's beyond me at the moment. Maybe later once I'm more practised with feeding them together.

Today Jane helped me feed them both while sitting up in bed surrounded by piles of pillows. It went fine. I can't believe I get to say that! Trudi helped by bringing me Ivy once Hazel was getting into it, and then by shifting Ivy around on her pile of pillows until we were all settled. Now she's out buying more pillows.

Hungry again. "They" say that breastfeeding is not an excuse to say "Eating for two!" while eating the whole pavlova, but I am a bit militant about my meals. I like them early and often, and enormous too please.

Jane thinks that Ivy's end-of feed fussiness might be due to a food intolerance (perhaps juice or wheat). We're going to keep my diet the same for a few days to see if she continues with the fussiness, and then start doing the food-elimint\ation thing if we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment