Monday, December 21, 2009

Ivy's cough is back

Poor possum. I can hear her hacking away as they are napping.

After we saw Dr Luke Sammartino three weeks ago, Ivy had a course of Augmentin, which is a fairly scary mix of two antibiotics. She did fine - no gut problems, no other reaction, and she actually rather liked getting a syringe of sweet goop twice a day.

After the 10-day course, her cough was gone. Gone! After nine months of coughing, this seemed like a miracle. But I knew that the real test would come when she got a cold.

So, she got a cold a few days later. Convenient. Thankyou, everyone, for arranging that.

Actually, Hazel got the cold, Ivy got the Pox, and then they swapped. Either way, the cough is back.

I just rang Dr Luke's office to see if we should wait it out or come back to see him, and I heard him and the secretary in the background as they moved things around to fit us in at 3:15 this afternoon. He is a good bloke. I like Dr Luke a lot. He didn't have to do that.

So we will have a bit of an afternoon of it I think. Ivy would normally be napping at that time. I have asked Trudi to come home early so that she can be home with Hazel while I drag Ivy out of her bed.

1 comment:

  1. Poor poppet - can't wait to hear what he says. Thinking of you al. xxxxx Ma

    ReplyDelete