Friday, January 15, 2010

I am a nong

I'm not even breastfeeding any more, and I am a big nong with no way to excuse it with Hormones.

The level of my nongyness unveiled itself when I was getting ready to leave the house yesterday afternoon. The plan was to drive to Moreland train station, meet Ange and her kids, then get on the train to the zoo. I was running late, and when I took our bag out to the car, I saw that there were no prams in the boot. An aside: we have three prams. One is a 4WD thing with big wheels that is lovely to drive but heavy and a shit to get in and out of the car. The next is lighter, smaller, a bit annoying to drive, but I can get it in and out of the car without having to make an osteopath appointment. The third one is a little light stroller. Did I mention that the other two are doubles? Well of course they are.
So there were no prams in the car, and I couldn't see one in the carport. I rang Trudi, who was in a meeting. I assumed that she had moved them all to a secure location for a good reason. She said the single pram was on a shelf in the carport (it was), the 4WD pram was in the house as usual (it was), but she thought the other pram was in the car. I took the single stroller and wore Ivy on my back in a sling. All fine, we had a great afternoon, but where was the bloody stroller?

The most likely story is that I drove off without it, after shopping for toys and books at Savers, a few days ago. Seems most likely. How ridiculous is that! I would have unloaded the toys and books into the car, then shifted the girls into their car seats, then just driven off, leaving our forlorn stroller on the footpath. I feel guilty for not liking it more, now.

Mum has a similar but much cheaper double stroller that was given to her, and I am going to trial it this weekend. I hope hope hope it's OK to drive and doesn't chop off my finger when I'm collapsing it. Trudi is checking eBay to see if someone is selling our pram. I have written our name and phone number on our other prams.

2 comments:

  1. What a bad luck :(

    I drove into my stroller the other day. Was going to put it into the car so put it at the back of the car, then put Alisa into het carseat, got behind the wheel and started reversing - right into the stroller of course. Luckily it's a pretty sturdy one, and I was driving veeeeeery slowly, so almost no damage done, just a few tiny scratches.

    Busy mums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am in good company then... thanks for confessing :-)

    ReplyDelete