Friday, March 12, 2010

The word list is getting ridiculous

So we have these twin daughters... did you know that? Stop me if I'm repeating myself. I do that a lot, especially when I'm leaving a message on an answering machine. If you have ever received one of my messages, I apologise, and if you haven't, you might, so I apologise in advance.

Where was I? Repeating myself, I think. So, my daughters are clever little packages. Ivy and Hazel have about the same level of receptive language. They both understand requests like "Can you please put the cup back in the drawer, then close the drawer". They both can point out butterflies, ducks, clocks, cars, Nanna and Pa, Minke the cat, and anything else they've seen named more than once.

When it comes to saying words, Hazel is a junkie. She gets her fix from learning new words. No sentences yet, but a lot lot lot of nouns. Ivy can say words too, but she's happy to let word-learning opportunities come when they want to. Hazel marches around the house scaring word-learning opportunities out of their hiding places and holding them up to the light.

This week's list of new words includes:

Gate
Tassel
Wetsuit
Elbow

Old favourites include:

Handle
Fork
Tine (the pointy bits on a fork)
Flower
Shower
Foot

I am going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment