Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ivy's journey away from nappies

Ivy seems to be almost ready to graduate to wearing undies full-time.

This morning she wore undies to playgroup, and she did her first extra-mural wee. I had thought to bring along our toilet-seat with Sesame Street characters on it, and she was really happy to use it to do a wee on the toilet while we were there. Put her undies back on, and she stayed dry all morning. Wow!

We all went out to dinner tonight to a Vietnamese cafe around the corner (aren't we daring). Been there a few times now and the girls feel quite at home, so they are now making pests of themselves. Halfway through dinner Ivy said POO POO so I whipped out my dunny-bag (contains our little toilet-seat!) and we went off to the loo, where she uncoiled an enormous poo. Where does she store it all? It's like something a huge truckie might make! Why do I imagine a truckie might make a huge poo? It's a mystery.

Five minutes later Hazel did poo face, so Trudi took the dunny-bag and they went off for Hazel to stink out their toilet. By now Ivy was running around in her socks saying POO! POO! Luckily her speech is not very clear yet so most people would not get what she was saying (well I was telling myself that).

We will be going somewhere else for dinner next time. I think the staff might need a little while to get over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment