Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another thing about a car

Trudi thinks this one is as bad as the other two, but I think it's not too awful.

When we dropped the hire car off at Hobart airport, I was getting us out of the car and internally sighing at the thought of dragging into the car hire office. I imagined us standing around waiting to hand the keys in, and Ivy getting bored and refractory.

Instead, as I got out of the car a man in a safety-yellow vest with a clipboard came pacing over to me, and said he would take my keys and no need to go to the office.

I was relieved.

I got our stuff out of the car, gathered Ivy, handed over the keys, and off I went.

Trudi's jaw hit the floor when I described this scene. I was very happy with the insightful customer service, but she saw an easy scam. Hang around with a clipboard, and people will throw keys at you and march away. He could have been anyone!

Indeed he could, but we haven't had a bill or phonecall from the car hire people, so it was probably legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment