Saturday, July 23, 2011

More about cars

On the Sunday of my Hobart weekend with Ivy, we went to that nice bakery in New Town, what's it called. I always think of my cousin Miriam's husband Rory's sister Phoebe when I go there. She lives nearby, and Trudi and I stayed in her house some years ago, and bought good things from the bakery

As we waited to buy bread, Rory's other sister Brie (who lives in Melbourne) said Hi! It took me a while to calm down. Too weird. She was having a Hobart weekend too. Had a chat out on the footpath with Brie & Phoebe & family.

We walked back to the hire car, and I opened it (bee-beep said the key). I asked Ivy to get in the back seat, and she commented "Not our car" and I agreed. This is the hire car, and at the end of our  holiday, we will give it back to the car hire company.

As I threw my bag into the front seat, I noticed a piece of orange paper on the floor. I didn't have any orange paper, how did that get there?


Oh my, this really is NOT OUR CAR.

I hustled Ivy out  and closed the doors. There was our hired silver 4WD parked right in front of the silver 4WD that we'd just burgled. No-one saw us, so it didn't happen, off we go, got our bread, no problems here, no not at all!

Flippan Hobart people, they are not concerned about crime and leave their cars unlocked, allowing me to inadvertantly invade them.

Just remembered the name of the bakery: Jackman and McRoss.

No comments:

Post a Comment