Saturday, October 17, 2009

I slept

Rhymes with Jesus wept.

So we got a humidifier (which Trudi calls a mystifier). It bubbles audibly all night. I think I would find that annoying, but the girls slept all night.

Hazel cried at about 9.30. I had already been in bed since 8.30 but just rested without sleeping. Trudi settled Hazel. And that was it for the night.

Ivy still coughed, but not as much as before, and not so much that she or Hazel woke.

I slept 10 - 10.30
10.30 - 2
2.30 - 5
5.30 - 6.15

This adds up to 7 1/4 hours, which is a marvel. I feel like a normal person again. Yesterday I had dancing glowing things in front of my eyes, and a nasty sick feeling in my belly.

Apparently humidifiers do not work, because when you breathe the air gets humidified by the time it gets to your lungs anyway. However, I think Ivy was coughing due to a dry throat, not lungs. I get the same thing after a cold. I would have spent $50 to get last night's sleep anyway, so I don't care whether The Mystifier was not responsible.

Today we are going to the zoo! Have to get out of the house.

3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased for all of you - wonderful news. xxxx Nanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you guys go to abbotsford convent/collingwood children's farm much? We love going there. cheaper than the zoo (though we are FOTZ, so it's cheap I guess) and less crowded - more relaxing and there is often something good on. THe Supper Market every Friday evening is going to be great. Shirt and Skirt market is on at convent tomorrow ... that's pretty good too. Not sure if it makes a difference if your kids are walking or not ... ours disappear in and out of the gardens and run around and climb trees, which is a nice break for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We keep meaning to go then don't. Let me know next time you plan to go. We will probably come!

    Yesterday we went to the museum instead, and it was lovely. The girls loved the Children's Gallery, and next time we will try out some more grown-up sections to see how much they can see from floor-level.

    We've done th FOTZ thing too. Healseville a few weeks ago was really good. They have a newish show called Parrots In Flight or something.

    ReplyDelete