Thursday, August 12, 2010

Running builder!

Ivy loves the Bob the Builder book that I got from the Salvoes. The book has been banished to the car so I don't have to read it ever again. Ivy reads it on most car trips.

Ivy likes the book so much that she has decided that she is a builder. I think Hazel started this meme... one day, all of a sudden it was Hazel the builder, Ivy the Builder, Mummy the Builder, Minke the Builder, Nanna the Builder. Hazel moved on, but Ivy was captivated. Ivy Builder!

Ivy likes to narrate her actions. As she spins, "Ivy spinning! Turning Ivy! Turning turning! Turning builder!" As she runs, "Running builder!"

Today at creche I heard her narrating, as usual: "Jumping builder! Jumping jumping!" I mentioned to a carer that Ivy is a builder. Then Ivy crouched down to get to a toy, and because her jeans were coming down, there it was: a tiny little builder's crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment