Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things are on the up

Hazel's cold is improving. Ivy's was not fun yesterday, but she is on the mend too, and I'm nearly better. All in all, a successful first cold.

Yesterday Ivy got really upset when she had a small fever. Trudi went out to get some Baby Panadol, and within ten minutes of taking it, Ivy was smiling again. Marvellous stuff.

The sleeping thing is going pretty well. I think I am over-settling still - rushing in at the first squeak and patting madly. I think I'm trying to avert a big crying event, which is silly, because we don't have many of those.

Last night after we put the girls to bed, I kept chatting with Trudi on the couch while Hazel made noises and chatted to herself. After about half an hour - silence! She had gone to sleep on her own! I did the same thing during the night. When I heard them stir and squeak I STAYED IN BED. This worked well twice, and another time I got up and put Hazel's dummy back in. All good.

However during the day yesterday I did waay too much dummy-popping. Will have to hold off today to see how H handles it.

Immunisations today, as well. They are four months old.

Also, someone at work has rubella, so Trudi went to get her immunity tested on Monday. Turns out she's either had it or been immunised for it: she's immune, so she won't carry it home to the girls. I've also been immunised.

No comments:

Post a Comment