Saturday, March 7, 2009

And the Sailor Home from the Sea

Back home again. Hazel, Ivy and I returned home yesterday from our second stay at Northpark Hospital.

After our first stay their sleep patterns were heaps better, but I still didn't cope well. After this second stay I am on antidepressants and I have some new strategies for coping, including more yoga, breathing exercises, and learning to not catastrophise (imagine that a small problem will get huge and be permanent).

We got home early yesterday, and the day went well. My mum and Trudi's mum were both here, and Trudi worked at home as well. I like having four adults to care for two babies! The girls slept fairly well, with a few wake-ups during the early morning. T & I did not sleep too well, mostly because the cats were marching around on our heads all night. Also there was an earthquake.

For a while, Selby was asleep next to me and I kept thinking she was Hazel. I took a lot of care that she did not fall out of bed!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment