Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Now trying to ditch the top bedsheets!

I know, I know, there is no need to ditch EVERYTHING!

The thing is, the girls are used to sleeping in a sleeping bag, plus a sheet tucked firmly over the top. They are warm (due to the sleeping bag) and held down fairly firmly (due to the sheet).

All fine, until you consider that the damn portacots that we bought have an all-in-one mattress thingy that precludes any sheets whatsoever. Not sure what to do if someone chunders in bed. Anyway. So we ahve to get the girls comfortable with the feeling of sleeping without that secure tucked-in thing happening.

Just tried the cold-turkey approach then, and they were thrashing around howling. When I went in Hazel was on her tummy and Ivy was all contorted with her feet waving up in the air. I put their top sheets back on, but just up to their tummies, and they went to sleep.

I guess I'll do this gradually. The sheets will be shorter and shorter each time. I hope they don't get insecure about their bedclothes and expect it all to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment