Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ivy is a crow

Hazel's first sentence! They were being crows in the backseat on the way to the zoo (creaky-voiced Aaaaah! Aaaaah! Aaaaah!) and Hazel let rip with her first full sentence. It has a verb and a subject and everything... so proud.

Just had a visit from Alon, to talk some more about my return to work. I'm still hoping that 2 days a week is going to be OK. He's had a couple of ideas about what work I could usefully do in so few hours a week, and they both sound good to me. It remains to be seen whether his boss concurs.

I made a terrible cake that is so bad that I can't offer it to visitors, but not so bad that I need to throw it in the compost, so I have to eat it all myself. It is Apple Barm Brack, from the Nursing Mothers of Australia Cook Book. I suppose I brought it on myself. OK, I've just googled barm brack, and the photos show that what I made is how it should be. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment