Sunday, April 11, 2010

New jeans

I cannot believe that I just spent $100 on a single pair of jeans. It was a laughable event, from start to finish. Society in decline, in action.

I went to Northland, which was absolutely packed with people escaping the first chill breath of autumn by nestling into the warm heart of retail. Not that anyone seemed to be particularly nestled.

The girls were napping, and I wanted time to have a massage before returning to duty as co-Mum, so I zipped into the first shop I saw that had one of those daunting walls o' jeans. Boot cut, mid rise, relaxed fit, boyfriend cut, straight leg...

Yep, boyfriend cut is actually the name of a style of pants. These are way too big and chunky, as if a girl were wearing her boyfriend's jeans.

The nice young lady who came to check on me ("How are you going in there?") laughed when I came out to show her what I had on. I'd been thinking that I should go up a size, and she said "Way too big!" and marched off for a smaller pair. I have been wearing massive jeans for a while now, out of compassion for my ridiculous twinny belly, so I'm not used to the feel of jeans that fit.

I'm sure i had something profound to say about this, but now I am tired so I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment