Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sourdough success

I made an acceptable-looking loaf! Have not yet tasted it, nor offered it to anyone else. These challenges can wait...

I forgot it was in the oven so it is overdone... which is better than underdone LET ME TELL YOU. I took a normal yeasted bread to the Anges' the other day and the middle was still raw. Foul. I ate the two rawest slices, gave everyone else the cooked slices from the two ends, and quietly threw out the whole middle bit.

So this sourdough loaf is a bit overdone:



But look (it ROSE a bit!!!):



Here ends my post. On a happy, nay, smug, note.

Hang on, there's more. Three Moks came for afternoon tea, and Trudi had her revenge for me bringing home some no-longer-needed treasures from their place... she gave them some boxes of trading cards that she was going to try to eBay but she lost steam. Does that make sense? No need, it's the internet. Stet.

Dougal (2) and Maisy (6?) played with the girls' lego etc, and fun was had by all. Ivy and Hazel played next to the bigger kids, and loved watching and imitating them (a bit).

Ivy's top tooth has finally broken through. Looks like three more top ones are queueueued up, plus two bottom ones as well. I suppose they will take another three months to appear.

Trudi is ordering pizza cos I am still typing.

2 comments:

  1. Dougal (2.25) and Maisie (5.25), you dag!!!
    Thanks for the cuppa and entertainment (and unwanted uneBayed stuff).

    Duncan, Dougal - I guess they are pretty similar in a scottish generic sort of a way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Fixed. No-one need ever know. La la la. Eek, you noticed that I am a dag. Please do not tell anyone.

    The bread tastes OK - the kids had it with butter & vegemite this morning, and it went down a treat.

    ReplyDelete