Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Same ol same ol

Another shitty night. Ivy has a fever on and off. We all slept nicely until 1am, then it was Game On. I got back to sleep at 5am for about an hour. Why didn't I go to bed at 8.30?

Now the girls are frantically not napping AGAIN why do I even bother mentioning this?

These afternoon naps have hairs on. They are still desperately needed. If one doesn't happen, the relevant non-napper is catatonic by 6pm. However most days they both prefer to spend an hour leaping around like soccer hooligans before finally collapsing in two little heaps, rather than just gently lying down and drifting off to a lovely restful LONG nap.

I thought they would be so tired from last night that today's naps would be easy.

This all reminds me of our life a year ago. Draining though this is, I would not trade places for anything. For example, see this sad little attempt at hope: Hazel did not sleep.

2 comments:

  1. OK they are quiet now. Time to do HOUSEWORK. Crikey I am having fun today. I hope Trudi is keen to go to the pool when she gets home this afternoon. Are you reading this? Pool. I wanna go. Pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor darling - what a night and day! I hope you got to go to the pool - I'll ring later.x Ma

    ReplyDelete