Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Two-hour nap

I go about my life, unaware that it's about to strike.

It seems like a normal morning.

The girls go to bed at 9:30 am, as usual. As usual, they jump around and squeal for a bit, then silence falls.

As usual, I waste time on the interweb. As usual, I leap up to do useful things to keep us clean and fed, in the few minutes remaining until the girls get up.

The silence continues. How nice, they are both having a second 40-minute cycle of sleep. Means I can hang out the laundry and wipe up more ants from the kitchen.

But then the silence continues to continue. Could it be? A third cycle. This will lead to only one thing - a two-hour nap!

I don't quite know what to do with myself when this happens. I made an elaborate salad for when Marina & Alisa visit (elaborate = more than three ingredients). I wiped up more ants. I polished the sink to sparkling-point.

Came to write this post (to keep you abreast of developments) and now I hear little muttering noises. Grumble brumble crumble says Hazel, I have overslept. Eeeeee says Ivy, whack whack I can whack my legs on my cot! Whack whack eeeeee brumble grrrrr thumpy thumpy.

1 comment: