Monday, November 16, 2009

Sustainability assessment

A fellow is coming on Friday to check out our house for sustainabilityness. He will then tell us what we could do to sustainabilityify it some more.

I assume this will include stuff like a hot water recirculator, a grey water diversion or treatment thingy, maybe rainwater tanks, and possibly some heat-blocking window film,. I have been doing my research so I know these words. Don't want to seem dumb.

Greywater treatment is scary. No-one has any prices on their websites, so I can only assume it's awfully expensive.

And hey, Trudi just bought chooks! They will arrive in a couple of weeks I think! How excitement!

In other news related to tiny people, we have had our first poo into the toilet from the new baby-sized toilet seat. Hazel did poo-face in the bath so I scooped her out and it was all good. Yesterday Miss Hazel did not have her afternoon nap due to jumping up and down and squealing with Ivy. Ivy eventually slept but Hazel was wired.

Once Ivy woke, we all went to the Northcote pool and had a lovely time. Hazel loves loves loves crawling out into deeper water, and just keeping on going. We went for lots of swims where I hold her up with a palm under her chest, and she thrashes along. Ivy loves loves loves bobbing around on Mummy the Scary Sea Monster.

I wonder how Trishna and Krishna are going.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, chooks! I can imagine how excited the girls will be! Looks like we'll be asking you to let us visit you again :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trishna and Krishna are going well so far, but it's taking much much longer than expected - still not even separated, 24 hours and counting. It's heartbreaking, this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marina, you can come visit any time you like!

    ReplyDelete