Monday, July 27, 2009

Been to Shepparton and back

...to my cousins' 21st birthday. Claire and Eddie are my twin cousins. They had a joint party, and it had a dress-up theme (60s and 70s). Everyone else put in a lot of effort and looked excellent, but I showed up in jeans, sneakers, and a swirly shirt. Being the mum of little twins means one can do this sort of thing, but I did feel a bit silly being the only one not in a lurid frock and a kerazy wig.

We also went to the SPC Ardmona factory shop, where we bought slabs of baked beans, tinned tomatoes, and some canned fruit.

Before the party we visited my Grandpa (who is 92 - looking good!):



Then we visited Di and Ross McPherson (friends of my parents), in their gorgeous house near the Broken River. They have four grown-up kids, of whom the younger two are twins. We didn't get down to the river, but we did have a lovely lunch that Di put together in a flash after I rang in the morning and invited ourselves over.

The girls hooned around the floor, making a beeline for the open fire. Here's Di with the girls as they admire the two big black dogs through the window:



Off I go to make anzacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment