Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We visited Marina, Alisa, and Alisa's Baba

And I forgot to take a photo. I see a pattern emerging.

Alisa is five months old and she is a charmer. Lovely smiles and so calm, even when being held by a stranger soon after waking up. She is a petite, pretty, blue-eyed poppet, but you'll have to take my word for it because I FORGOT TO TAKE A PHOTO.

Marina is doing well too. I'm envious of her post-baby body. You'd never know that she'd even had a baby. I have to hold my floppy tummy in and even then I am rather more thickset than I used to be.

Also Marina's mum (whose first name I have already forgotten) is staying with them, visiting from Ukraine. She has a three-month visa, of which one month has been passed in Mitcham, with her daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. Marina says that her mum is happy to spend the next two months taking Alisa for walks in the pram etc, but I think she is going to be forced to do something tourist-y eventually. Does a visit to Preston count?

Before we left to make this visit, an exciting thing happened. When I re-read this in later years I will probably be horrified and saddened that I found this exciting, but Ivy did a WEE in the POTTY! I acted all calm and happy ("Well done love, you'll have a nice dry nappy now"), but inside I was doing a potty-victory dance.

Stay tuned for another post in which I natter at length about potties, wee, and poo.

As I type this I am eating one of Marina's yummy little Lazy Croissants. They are little puff-pastry crescents, filled with Nutella and then baked. Will there be any left when Trudi comes home? I suppose there'd better be.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it took me a month to comment - we were so happy to see you!

    My post-baby body is OK but soooo far from a super-model look, and all my pre-pregnancy extra kilos and love handles are with me. And I only had one small baby, and each of your girls was almost as big as Alisa. So stop being unfair to yourself, you look great, I'm serious!

    (Delayed) Thanks for your cannelloni, they were very very yummy. Now, I have a new thing on the menu, it's a lazy strudel. Come and taste it one day! :)

    ReplyDelete