Friday, July 31, 2009

Naps and feeds are later (plus potty stuff)

Over the last week, I've been putting the girls to bed for naps later, and feeding them later. It's working out just fine.

In other news, HAZEL DID A POO IN THE POT!!! I promised my loyal Facebook constituency that I would not bleat on about further elimination excitements (after I bragged that IVY DID A WEE IN THE POT!!!!). However I never promised anything of the sort on this blog. Brace yourself.

Yesterday I bought a slightly nicer potty. The one I already had was a very minimalist $5 thing, which looks a bit uncomfortable. The part that the legs rest on is quite narrow, and I think soft little baby legs would find that unpleasant. Also there is no back support.

The new potty was $10 and is similarly very simple. No tray, no removable bits, no footrest, and certainly no music. However it has a wider seat and a backrest. I sat Ivy on it this morning, but no dice. She sat there happily for ages though, playing with toys. I popped Hazel on the older, less comfortable potty for a while too, and mirabile dictu, we have POO! Because Trudi is at home today, I didn't need to take a photo.

I'm only using timing for when to give a potty opportunity. The cues I can see are only immediately before an event, and not enough time to get to the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment