Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day of unsynchronised naps

Ivy napped in the car on the way to our swimming lesson. I woke her just before the lesson started, so we dashed in and leaped into the pool.

Hazel napped in the car on the way back. I managed to transfer her to bed where she had a good sleep.

Ivy went to bed about half an hour after Hazel got up.

Trudi and Hazel are off at the shops, and I'm here while Ivy sleeps. Round and round and round... I hope they get to see each other for a bit this afternoon. Mum is probably coming over. I think we will play in the back yard. Trudi just mowed, so the girls won't get tangled in the undergrowth.

This morning we went to a 10am swimming lesson, which is much earlier than our usual lesson, because of our new napping pattern (which we are not keeping to today anyway). The 10am class includes older kids who have been doing these lessons for longer, so our girls did a lot of new things today.

For a while, Trudi will take Ivy when it's time for them to swim underwater. I have got myself into a stressy state about it - Ivy often complains about going underwater, and it seems that she is feeding off my tension and vice versa. Hazel does fine with me, and Ivy does fine with Trudi, so hopefully we will both calm down in time.

I have been reading about gentle discipline. Will have to work out what is applicable for twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment