Thursday, September 3, 2009

Nap at 11:10am

I've just put the girls in bed... Hazel fell asleep immediately. Ivy is quiet, so maybe she did too. I hope they have a good sleep.

Hazel was at the end of her tether. Interestingly, Ivy coped better.

Yesterday I had my last session with my psychologist. We agreed that I am all good now and don't need to see her any more. I'm a lot like my old self again. I don't think I'll ever go back to being my old self again - in fact, I can hardly remember her! But, I'm happy and resilient again. For example, i can only imagine how these changes to the girls' sleep patterns would have thrown me into despair a few months ago.

Today I have an appointment with a new GP (my old one is off having a baby - so selfish), to see whether I need to be on the antidepressants any more. I think I am fine and don't need them, so we'll see what she says.

i have heard that you need to come off antidepressants carefully. not sure what happens if you don;t Though I did have a nasty day a week or so after I started taking them. I felt ill and migraine-y, which turns out to be the feeling of the drug reaching a certain level in my body. Hope it doesn't have to be like that again.

The appointment is for 2pm, which is in the middle of the girls' old afternoon nap. It would be great if they slept for a couple of hours now. She said wistfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment