Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just another day

A very nice day, too!

They slept pretty well last night, considering thee both have colds. After a few crappy nights, it was good to get some blocks of uninterrupted sleep. There were some shouts in the night, but no need for me to go in and settle. Of course when I hear the shout I still pop straight out of bed and start lurching around the room (the night before last I barrelled straight into our cupboard door, and then I woke up). Poor Trudi usually wakes up before I do, then has to endure me hurling myself around the place.

Hazel has been waking at 6 lately, which is pretty civilised. Ivy usually sleeps on for a bit, unless Hazel woke her with her happy squeals.

This morning we went to the market, and no-one stopped us to ask inane questions ("Are they really twins, are you sure?"). Afterwards, at home, we had a snack of grilled cheese on toast, plus avocado, banana and pear, then their bottles, then off to bed for their big nap. Today I tried putting Ivy down ten minutes before Hazel, so if either of them wakes after 40 minutes, it won't also be the other one's 40-minute stirring period. We will see. I hope Hazel can sleep for 2 hours. Ivy seems to sleep for 3 hours (another reason for her to go down earlier).

A banal day, with an associated banal blog post.

Last night we had a Red Rooster chicken for dinner, so now I am making stock from the carcass, and we'll have chicken risotto with the leftover meat. The house smells of Red Rooster Redux.

Hey we have a new mattress! It is latex and was expensive, and it's very soft and cosy. The old mattress was getting saggy, but it was also too hard. Hard and saggy is a nasty combo. What we have now is soft and supportive.

I'm doing OK on my lower dose of happy pills. Im taking half a pill per day, and I'm a bit more bitchy than usual. As Carol kindly suggested, this is probably my real self making a reappearance.

I am going to go chop up stuff for tonight's dinner, because I am such a good housewife. Goodbye, enormous fanbase!

1 comment: