Thursday, September 3, 2009

No more happy pills

Yay! The doctor agrees that I don't need them any more. She says that I am on a low dose, so I could just stop taking them one day. However, to reduce the chance of me having a bad few days, she recommends that I take half a pill a day for a few days, then stop.

So that's that.

After the doctor appt, I walked to the market, and we got a few things (popadums, lentils, mushrooms. Gues what we hare having for dinner tomorrow...) and then the summery weather stopped and the heavens opened. I had dressed the girls in really lightweight pants, sunhats and t-shirts, so I jammed their thin jackets on and ran for the bus. We all got a bit wet, but as my colleague Mike said bracingly to his friend Martin, we're not made of sugar!

We got a bit wet and a bit cold, but no harm done.

The girls went to bed at 6:40 tonight. The nap in the middle of the day was disappointingly short, so the girls were pretty fractious this arvo, but other than that, it all went swimmingly.

If we keep to this new pattern, it means that we can go out in the mornings. The local library has story time at 10.30 every morning, and we can go to the Saturday morning music group that the Anges take Olive & Toby to. We'll probably need a different swimming class though.

I am off to have a swim now. The doctor reminded me that exercise has been shown to be as effective as anti-depressants and/or therapy for mild depression.

1 comment: